Options for Filling Your Prescription
SilverScript Employer Prescription Drug Plan (PDP) members may use any of the more than 65,000 pharmacies in our nationwide SilverScript network. Our Network includes retail leaders like CVS Pharmacy®, Walmart, and Walgreens, as well as thousands of community based, independent pharmacies. You may fill prescriptions at an out-of-network pharmacy; however, you may have to pay more.
If you prefer the convenience of having your prescriptions delivered securely by mail to your home, you may choose to enroll in CVS Caremark® Mail Service Pharmacy using the Mail Service Pharmacy Order Form found in the “Documents” tab.
With the CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy you have:
- The opportunity to receive up to a 90-day supply1 of your medication for a co-payment that is likely to be significantly less than you would pay for three 30-day co-payments at a participating retail pharmacy.2
- The ease of having a prescription delivered to the location of your choice - home, office, vacation spot, etc.
- Greater convenience with mail service of up to a 90-day supply of medication - including free standard shipping.
- Personal service with a 24-hour, toll-free hot-line to speak with a registered pharmacist about any questions or concerns you may have.
- Excellent quality through confidential, tamper-resistant and temperature-controlled - packaging of prescriptions.
- Internet and refill-by-phone services to order your prescription refills 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy checks the availability of U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved, generic substitutions to fill prescriptions when authorized by physicians and permissible by law. Using generics may reduce your prescription drug costs and help you delay, or avoid, the Part D coverage gap.
Members have a choice to sign up for automated mail-order delivery. Medicare regulations require all Part D plans obtain patient consent before each delivery of a new or refilled prescription. The typical number of days after the mail-order pharmacy receives an order to receive your shipment is up to 10 days. If your mail-order drugs do not arrive within the estimated time frame please contact us toll-free at 1-877-876-7214, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. TTY users call 711.
SilverScript’s pharmacy network includes limited lower-cost, preferred pharmacies in Alaska; suburban and rural areas of Idaho, Puerto Rico, Washington, and Wyoming; and rural areas of Arkansas, Colorado, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, and Wisconsin. The lower costs advertised in our plan materials for these pharmacies may not be available at the pharmacy you use. For up-to-date information about our network pharmacies, including whether there are any lower-cost preferred pharmacies in your area, please call Customer Care (TTY: 711), 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, or consult the online pharmacy directory.
Members who get “Extra Help” are not required to fill prescriptions at preferred network pharmacies in order to get Low Income Subsidy (LIS) copays.
Return to homepage
1 CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy will dispense 90-day supply except in the case of drug-specific exceptions.
2 Cost savings may be lower for those who receive Extra Help.